Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

At Home With Henry




Hi Everyone, it's Henry here again.

Mum said it was about time I wrote about what I have been up to, but I think she was being sarcastic. The truth is, for the past two months I have not done much at all. So, all I can write about is "missing out". Let me explain.

Mum has been really busy with other things (or so she says), and therefore she hasn't taken me anywhere. I was entered for Kyneton Horse Trials a couple of weeks ago, but we didn't end up going. I was so looking forward to showing everyone my awesome moves....but, the lazy two-legged didn't bother getting up early and taking me, so I missed out. My ol' paddock buddy and travelling companion Snip and his new two-legged got to go and they even came second! Very cranky now I wasn't there. *insert angry tail swish here*

That same weekend there was an awesome three day clinic with eventer, Paul Tapner. I got to go last year, when it rained, and rained and rained! Last time, we got to do a cross country round with our two-leggeds wearing a camera on their head. This was the end result. Pretty cool, huh?



So that's two things I have missed out on. *sob* It's not easy being orange...

Then there was Equitana. Now I don't know much about Equitana, but I was under the impression it was an opportunity for the humans to buy us horses LOTS of stuff. Well my lazy two-legged didn't go to that either! She claims she had to work. The injustice of it all!

The last straw though, is finding out she won't be making the trek to Lakes and Craters country for the Three Day Event in December. I have never been down there and really would like to go (the grass is better in the Western District!). Looks like I will have to wait 'til next year. Both Bones and Snippy have gone before, I want my turn!

On the bright side, I have been having a nice time at home. We have been spending some time in The Rectangle, going on rides down the road and the other day we did something really strange. Mum put three barrels out in a triangle (with no jump rails attached!) and asked me to canter around them. How odd! It was quite fun though, so she told me I could do this with other horses one day. Sounds like a new adventure!

Other than that, I have been monitoring Bones' and Alex's wounds (healing nicely), playing in the paddock and bemoaning the fact the grass is nearly all dried up here for the year. Time to stand with my head over the gate at all times with my cute "Polly wants a cracker" face so either she (or he) sees me and sends some hay my way....




No comments:

Post a Comment