Pages

Monday 13 February 2017

The Lusitano Diaries - Part 7a

                

I apologise for the lack of blogging over the past fortnight. It took the better part of a week to shake the horrific jetlag (so much worse flying home, remember flying 'west is best'). I kept waking at 3am and falling asleep, exhausted at random times of the day. I then stupidly knocked my iPad off the bench, wrecking the screen. Add in a 1700km round trip the weekend after I got home and you can see why I haven't been in a writing mood! Back to the reality of my very hectic life! 

Now to test my memory. January 23rd was my second last day in Portugal and I started with an excellent morning lesson with Frederico, on Hostil, the lovely 4yo Lusitano. We worked on getting him soft, supple and travelling in a good rhythm. We then did some lateral work, introducing leg yield in trot. His canter work was fabulous. I was so much straighter, my reaction time so much better that suddenly I just "got it!". As horse people will relate to, it was a ride where I didn't want it to end.






The rest of my day was filled in with a guided day trip to Lisbon with Paulo and Agnes from Amazing Discovery Tours. I will write the next (very pictorial) chapter tonight, once I have the chance to download more photos from my camera.

Up soon : Lisbon, my final ride at Cascais Riding Club on Vingador and lots to reflect on.
PS. Did I mention I am already planning to go back??? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment